Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Year...Off To A Good Start??

Ladies and gents, boys and girls, guys and gals....welcome to 2016!!!!

Of course with a new year...you expect new and better things of yourself. Well I had the best intentions after 12 midnight to hit the ground running. I only had one road block...THE FLU!!! I woke up with a sore throat and fever. I had 2 days left to finish out my vacation from the holidays and I was sick as a dog. I had to take off the rest of the first week of the year to recoop!

Then came the second week. I started what should have been a 10 day green smoothie cleanse but I was being real with myself and made it a 5 day cleanse. Three fruit and veggie filled smoothies for breakfast, lunch and dinner per day with fruits and veggies to snack. No sugar, carbs, meat, or alcohol. That was ROUGH!!! By the fifth day, I was gagging and nauseated from the look, smell and taste of the smoothies. LOL...But, I lost 5 pounds from it. Hooray...that is a start!!!!

I also started to get into my Bible more and have started reading Joyce Meyer's book "Get Your Hopes Up". It teaches how to maintain a positive attitude in every given situation and helps you to be an overall happy person. I have not gotten back to church yet but that is the next step. I am also reading Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends and Influence People". When I tell you this book is good...this book is THAT good. I have learned so much like how to persuade folks into doing things I want them to do..lol..that is the best part. :-)

Then came the third week, this week. Now 7 pounds lighter, hitting the gym 3 days a week, walking around happy as a lark...I don't know what to do with myself but thank God everyday for my new discoveries and lessons thus far. I'm so happy that my husband told me I was making him mad..LOL I have such a positive outlook on life right now to the point where I spent my last dime on gas to get to work for the rest of the week. I didn't complain...I just said ohs well I do not need anything else. However, I knew my dad was visiting us this weekend for his birthday and I wondered what I would buy dinner with as I had created a budget plan and take-out was not in my budget. When I tell you the Lord takes care of his faithful children....it is nothing but the truth. I opened my mailbox to find a check for $47.56!!!! Guess we are having Chinese take-out for dinner...LOL

Do yourself a favor and check out those books. I promise you will not regret it. After a while, you may even write me back to tell me that your life experiences are improving and have possibly surpassed mine. People always want change but not willing to put the work in to make it happen. Change in your life comes when you put forth the effort to change. You can read a book, decide to become nicer to people, etc. NOTHING will change until you take that first step!!!

Until next time...

Hugs and Kisses :-)

Lady Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment