Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Beginning of Something Good!

Hey guys!

So most of you know me as the owner and creator of The Love Lounge 101 website.(http://www.lovelounge101.com) I recently decided to make a right turn in the fork in the road of my life and am travelling a new road and I wanted to do something to share my experiences. 

I decided to start a new blog because, since walking this spiritual path I have received great blessings along the way. I wanted to document these blessings as confirmation to you all that if you do what is right and good, you too can be blessed. If you choose that narrow road of walking in love, praying, fasting, attending church, listening and following the Holy Spirit...you too will be blessed. I hope you enjoy my stories!!! :-)

"Life is about choices. Enjoy life and choose your destiny!"
Lady Elle

The beginning...

I am going to try and make a long story short...I wasn't living right and wasn't taking care of myself; mind, body and spirit. I had a revelation after the Lord told me one day back in October 2014 that he wanted me to stop drinking and driving. I didn't listen and was arrested for DUI...court case still pending at this point. Anyhoo...I hired a lawyer, spent money on alcohol classes and assessment. My license is suspended in Maryland for 90 days and I had no choice but to stay home in VA.

All things happen for a reason...

Although I work in VA and live in VA, I am limited to going to my cousins house who lives in VA. Also, if I want to go to an event in MD, I have to call someone to pick me up, my husband would drive, or I would drive to my cousin's house just to catch a ride with her. I really feel like I am in prison. lol Me sitting still and not travelling to the DMV area every weekend has put me in a different, yet better head space.

Since losing my favorite Uncle on April 19, 2014 I had started drinking everyday. One day the Lord spoke to me and told me that I needed to stop drinking else I am going to die. Just about 3 weeks ago, I decided to start and follow The Daniel Plan. It is a lifestyle change where you have to change your eating habits and any other habits you have.

As I began to change my eating habits and reading the book that came along with the Daniel Plan, I started reading the Bible everyday for 20 minutes a day. I started taking the Detox Trio. I started to go to church and actually became a member of a church. I signed up for 2 ministries and their monthly Virtuous Women meetings.

So fast forward...

Today I am about 8 pounds lighter. My blood pressure has dropped tremendously. I feel good about myself and I even look great. My attitude has changed. I pray more. I fasted for the first time. I am paying my tithes every week. I am on the road to continue to do the right things. I am on the road to continue my new walk with God and try to listen to his voice as he guides me on a day to day basis. I'm not perfect by no means!!! I mess up every once in a while and get right back up after falling. However, I am taking the steps that I deem necessary to the good life!

The blessings started flowing...

Now...you have a little history of why I decided to take this journey. From here on out, I will share with you my blessings and how I bless others. My goal is to try and meet the needs of people. I will first aim to be a blessing to at least one person a day. That may definitely change...we shall see. :-)

My first blessing: I keep a budget sheet of things I need to pay for and purchase per pay period. Last pay period I had a negative $43.00. This means that my bills and everything I needed to do for that week was more than my income. Two days before my pay date I received a check in the mail for $43.14!! God is good! I thanked Him.

My second blessing: This past weekend I was in Costco shopping and we all know that Costco doesn't provide bags for your groceries. Costco was packed that day as well. As I was at the check out counter I was looking in the bins and didn't see a box big enough for the crap in my shopping cart. So I shrugged and thought about how I was going to get all of my groceries upstairs to the 3rd floor of our apartment. Hubby wasn't there. As I approached my car, I noticed a box sitting on the ground by my trunk. I thought to myself that something must be wrong with it. The box was in excellent condition!! I took the box and was able to fill it with the groceries that needed to be refrigerated and was able to carry the box upstairs in one swoop. God is good!! It's just the little things. I thanked Him!

My third blessing: Back to my pay budget...I was at a negative $1951.00. Only because our cruise payment is due this Saturday and so many other things including school has been taking my money and of course my bills are over by $151.00. Hubby was in the same boat and he was just telling me that he didn't have it either and didn't know how we were going to get it. I told him don't worry we will get it. He asked how? I said it is going to fall out of the sky.

This time the Holy Spirit put on my heart that I should fast. So on Monday I decided to do a 12 hour fast while reading a financial prayer I found online. (Will find it and add link) It was supposed to be from 8am to 8pm. However, I didn't wake up in time to eat something before hand which meant that I hadn't eaten anything since about 11pm the night before. So the fast was from 11pm to 5pm the next day...so 18 hours. I only drank water, decaf green tea, and a smoothie filled with a bunch of healthy stuff. It was a good thing I worked from home that day as that was rough..lol.

Well, I went to work today and my boss pulled me into his office for my annual review. I received a $2000.00 pay raise and a $3000.00 bonus. Mind you, I've worked there for 4 years and every year the bonus has only been $1000.00. After 35% taxes guess how much I am getting back....$1950.00 Can you say GOD IS GOOD!!! LOL.. Cruise will be paid for and so will the rest of my bills. I thanked Him a million times over for this one. 

This blessing was a real test of my faith because I had to believe that God would show up for me and I had to let my faith take over and give all of the stress to him. Every time I got anxious about getting the money and as the date drew near, I would pray and say "Lord please don't let me stress about it, I am believing that you got my back."

So there you have it! I HAD to start this blog because I am sooooo amazed at how God works, I feel sooooo blessed daily and I also feel the need to bless other people. So tomorrow will be a new story.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment